- Mr. Arun Eapen:
Director — APAC Service Delivery, GLS at Red Hat Asia Pacific
- Specialist:- Linux and Security
- The First RHC*(RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA) in India.
- Founding member of the Free Software Foundation India.️ Being in open source software for more than 24 years.
2. 2.Mr Sreejith Anujan
- Principal Instructor — Redhat
- Lead Technical Instructor
- Working for Red Hat as a Solution Architect specializing in emerging technology products including OpenStack and OpenShift.
The following things are covered in the session:
What is Automation?
Automation is the creation and application of technologies to produce and deliver goods and services with minimal human intervention. The implementation of automation technologies, techniques, and processes improves the efficiency, reliability, and/or speed of many tasks that were previously performed by humans.
What is Ansible Tower?
Ansible Tower (formerly ‘AWX’) is a web-based solution that makes Ansible even easier to use for IT teams of all kinds. It’s designed to be the hub for all of your automation tasks.
Ansible Tower perform certain role in automations are as follows :
- It connects to the Application Programming Interface(API) of various cloud and other platforms to utilize their services.
- It gives WEB UI — which is easier to handle the automation by making the workflow’s and by making templates we can run the job again without starting from scratch.
- It allows Role-based Access Controls.
- It has Scheduling Features- we can schedule the jobs at which time we have to run the job and can be managed by the workflow.
- It is a Secure platform — to share important information we can use an ansible tower.
- It has the feature to automate the notification with the use of third-party software .
QUES: What happens when the Controller node goes down in the ansible?
With the use of Ansible Tower we can easily resolve this problem.
Ansible Tower use the clustering feature, the data of the controller node is stored in the database which is shared with multiple towers, if one goes down others can use the data.
PERFORM: Also builds the infrastructure in the ec2-instance of AWS using the ansible-tower.
Ansible orchestration allows you to create and automate a playbook for orchestration. Then you can use the playbooks to deploy your Ansible orchestration.
we have used “ansible-tower-service status” command — to check the status of the service of ansible tower.
Templates in the Ansible -tower:
The credentials are there in the template section. Where we can create the credentials of the particular cloud platform, but in case the particular type of cloud platform is not present by default then, we can also create it, by going to the credential type like in this session we created the credentials of the oracle cloud.
we also created the new python virtualization environment for the Oracle cloud.
Ques: What is demo Inventory?
An Inventory is a collection of hosts against which jobs may be launched, the same as an Ansible inventory file. Inventories are divided into groups and these groups contain the actual hosts. Groups may be sourced manually, by entering hostnames into Tower, or from one of Ansible Tower’s supported cloud providers.
Ansible — tower connects to AWS- API service through the localhost (host) controller node.
Setting the Workflow for the ChatOps:
Workflows allow you to configure a sequence of disparate job templates (or workflow templates) that may or may not share inventory, playbooks, or permissions. However, workflows have ‘admin’ and ‘execute’ permissions, similar to job templates. A workflow accomplishes the task of tracking the full set of jobs that were part of the release process as a single unit.
ChatOps is basically used for the operating tools, system administrators to let the developers get the notification of nodes